Pepper Cloud CRM brings to you the power of a single communication channel through multi-channel integration. This allows you to integrate various communication channels (such as WhatsApp and Facebook messenger) with your CRM and allows you to consolidate all your sales communications into one single channel.
So, how exactly is Pepper Cloud CRM and Channel integration helps your business to grow?
Benefits of connecting WhatsApp and Facebook with Pepper Cloud CRM
The integration between communication channels and your CRM provides you with a single platform to communicate with your leads and customers. Along with it, it also empowers your business with various other benefits.
- Provides your entire team with a single platform to respond to conversations.
- Facilitates your team members to use the same chat account to talk to your customers.
- Allows you to send one-to-one private messages or bulk messages to your contacts conveniently.
- Empowers your team to reply instantly with custom message templates.
- Enables team collaboration by assigning the conversations to the right team member.
- Offers you a holistic view of your potential customers and provides you with conversation history.
- Captures and converts visitors into leads automatically.
How to connect WhatsApp and Facebook with Pepper Cloud CRM?
Follow the below-given steps to integrate your WhatsApp and Facebook messenger with your CRM system.
How to connect WhatsApp with Pepper Cloud CRM?
With more than 2 billion active users every month, WhatsApp has proved to be one of the very popular messaging apps. However, businesses that are looking to use WhatsApp to talk with their leads and customers, need to either use a WhatsApp Business app or WhatsApp business API.
WhatsApp Business app is for small teams (1-2 sales staff) whose primary need is to communicate with the customers one-on-one.
WhatsApp Business API is designed for growing enterprises with a dedicated sales team. It would facilitate multiple users on multiple devices to respond to the messages through one WhatsApp number. However, the WhatsApp Business API does not have an official app or an interface.
Learn the differences between WhatsApp Business account and WhatsApp Business API in this blog.
The integration between WhatsApp Business API and the CRM system can provide a robust interface. Here is how you can integrate WhatsApp Business API with Pepper Cloud CRM.
- Twilio WhatsApp Business API
- Pepper Cloud CRM
Here is a quick guide to connecting Pepper Cloud CRM with WhatsApp.
- To integrate with WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business API is required. Purchase WhatsApp Business API through the WhatsApp partner, Twilio. Learn how to get Twilio WhatsApp API with this guide.
- After purchasing Twilio WhatsApp Business API, login to your CRM system and navigate to “Channels”.
- Click on the “Create New” channel and choose “WhatsApp”.
- Connect your WhatsApp Business API by adding Account SID, Auth Token, and Twilio registered WhatsApp number into your CRM. You can access this information through your Twilio account dashboard.
- Copy and paste “Message Comes in URL” and “Call back URL” into your Twilio.
- Complete the set up in your CRM.
Here is a step-by-step detailed guide on how to integrate WhatsApp Business API with Pepper Cloud CRM, refer to our guide.
How to connect Facebook Messenger with Pepper Cloud CRM?
Facebook is one of the essential customer touchpoints for modern businesses. With fast and personalised messages, you can easily win over your prospects, nurture your leads, and manage your sales pipeline. The integration between Facebook messenger and Pepper Cloud CRM can help you create and chat with your Facebook leads right from your CRM.
- Facebook page
- CRM account
Here is a step-by-step guide to connecting Pepper Cloud CRM with Facebook messenger.
- Navigate to “Channels” after logging in to your CRM.
- Click on the “Create New” channel and choose “Facebook”.
- Connect with Facebook by signing in to your Facebook account
- Choose the Facebook page.
- Complete the set up in your CRM.
Here is a detailed guide on how to integrate your Facebook messenger with your CRM.
After completion, any message sent to your Facebook messenger will be received in the message module of your CRM.
Quick ways to get you started with WhatsApp CRM integration
WhatsApp Business API has 2 types of messages:
- Session Messages: Whenever a message is received from a contact, a timer is set for 24 hours. Within these 24 hours, you can send any number of outgoing messages without any restrictions.
- Template Messages: After the 24-hour window, you cannot send session messages. However, you can send a pre-approved message template to encourage your contact to resume the conversation. To know what types of message templates are permitted, refer to Message Templates Guidelines.
The messages are pre-approved by Twilio.
Managing message templates
Before sending a template to your contacts, please ensure to do the following:
- Submit the template for approval
- Add the approved message template to your CRM
Submitting the template for approval:
1. Login to your Twilio account.
2. Navigate to the Twilio console.
3. Click on “Messaging”. Click on “Senders”. Click on “WhatsApp templates”.
4. Click on “Submit a message template”.
Note: If you are not creating a template for the first time, you will see the New message template button. Click it to create additional templates.
5. On the next screen, fill out the necessary information and submit it. WhatsApp’s team will analyze the submitted information and either approve or reject your template.
Note: Once you submit a template, it cannot be edited through the Twilio console.
Please refer to the WhatsApp documentation to learn more about message template formatting and supported languages.
Adding the templates in CRM
To start using the template, you should add the template to the CRM and link it to the channels. Follow the below-given instructions.
1. Login to your CRM.
2. Click on the “Settings” icon on the top right corner of your CRM system and navigate to “Customization”.
3. Then Navigate to the “Templates” screen.
4. Click “Create new” to create a custom template. Copy over the body as is in Twilio to the Content field.
Note- Templates can be created without channels but will not be available while broadcasting.
Note: Only available for the Leads and Contacts with Mobile numbers
Users can send messages from the CRM to individual numbers by accessing the icon or can also send the same message to multiple users by the broadcast message feature.
1. Navigate to the “Leads” or “Contacts” module.
2. Select the Contacts/Leads to whom you want to broadcast messages.
3. Click on “Actions” and choose “Send Broadcast”
4. In the Send Broadcast modal, enter the details. Select the Channel and Template. Click on “Send”.
Note: When channels are chosen, the user will only be able to select Templates added to the particular channel in the dropdown. Following which dynamic fields will be rendered for the user to select either a system field or a custom field of the CRM.
The user will be able to send messages only after the CRM and Channel integration.
Messages sent and received are populated on this screen.
The messages can be classified into 2 types:
- Unassigned messages: All new messages are unassigned messages and will be available in the “New Messages” screen.
- Assigned messages: Upon replying to a message, the conversation is assigned to the messaging team member. Alternatively, the message can be manually assigned to the team member.
Here are a few points to note:
- As mentioned before, a conversation can either be initiated by the contact or by the team member through message templates.
- The 24-hour messaging window is renewable on every message received and is shown as a timer in the chat header in the CRM.
- Post the 24-hour messaging window, you will be able to send only template messages.
- The CRM also displays the last message sent/received.
- To assist you in capturing the Leads, the CRM pre-populates the user’s WhatsApp name and number in the form field on the right side of the screen.
Converting Visitors into Leads/Contacts
1. The panel on the right side of the message module provides you with the contact information.
2. Upon confirming the changes (by clicking the tick mark) the changes are saved.
3. This information can further be used to create a lead/contact by using the action button.
4. Following validations, the record is added to the lead/contact.
Editing Contacts/Leads information
1. Your team member can edit the information received in the right-hand panel by clicking on the “View Lead Details”
2. Click on “Actions” and “Edit” to edit the information.
3. Edit the information in the opened up modal and click “Update” to save the information in your CRM.
You can search and filter out conversations in the system with the help of the search and filter bar.
Here are a few points to remember:
- You have the option to either filter by Status of the messages or by the channels.
- In the “My messages” screen, you can only filter messages that are assigned to you.
- You have to navigate to the filters in “New Messages” to have access to all the messages in the assignee tab.
The messages have 5 types of activities performed. Each of these activities is represented as a banner on the chat screen.
- Open the conversation: The conversation is opened when a message is received or a template message is sent.
- Convert into leads: The conversation can be converted to a lead or contact.
- Assign the conversation: The messages can be assigned to a team member. After the message has been assigned, the message will no longer be available in the “New Messages” and will have to be filtered out. If the message has been assigned to you, it should be available in “My messages”.
- Close the conversation: You can close the conversation. A closing note can be added to the conversation for the next user’s reference or as a reminder to oneself as to why the conversation was closed.
Closed conversations are made unassigned and are removed from the chat list. They will have to be filtered or searched.
- Merge the conversation: If the contact sends the message through different channels, they can be merged into one conversation.
Have trouble with integrating Channels? Talk to our friendly representatives!